Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, October 26, 2009

Bullock annoyed with first booking

Bradford's Lee Bullock has admitted that it was his own 'stupidity' that got him sent off last Saturday.

"I’m more annoyed with the first booking because that was a really stupid thing to do," said Bullock as reported by the Telegraph and Argus.

Bullock used his arm to try and help the ball goalwards past Hereford keeper Adam Bartlett.

"The hand ball was stupid of me. It was a spur of the moment thing but I knew what I was doing.

"But I didn’t expect to get sent off after the foul. I genuinely went for the ball and I thought the ref realised that.

"Then their lad (Kenny Lunt) started to have a moan about it. It wasn’t very nice but you can understand why he did it because they were one down. But I’m more annoyed with the first booking because that was a really stupid thing to do."

Meanwhile team-mate Gareth Evans thought Lunt might have influenced referee Webster.

"Refs pick up on little things like that. Kenny showed he was frusutrated and that made it seem ten times worse than it was. I think it was a poor decision."