Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Two good seasons at Hereford

Steve Guinan is realishing the chance to play at the Millennium Stadium on Sunday as Cheltenham take on Grimsby for the last promotion place to League One.

The 30-year-old started his career at Nottingham Forest and after a plethora of loan deals has stopped off at Cambridge, Plymouth and Hereford before signing for Cheltenham in 2004.

However many Hereford United fans will be hoping that the Robins stay in League Two as it would mean another two local derbies next season.

Guinan has given an interview to Ian Clarkson of givemefootball in which he talks of his time at Edgar Street and his move to Cheltenham. Asked what persuaded him to move he replied:

"I had two good seasons at Hereford United and I didn't want to leave. However, the offer of returning to the Football League was too good to turn down. I was disappointed to drop out of the league originally but these things happen and you have got to make ends meet and pay the bills. Graham Turner was good enough to offer me a contract and I enjoyed my time at Edgar Street. There were quite a few clubs interested when my contract expired but I knew John Finnegan from my days at Nottingham Forest and said lots of good things about Cheltenham. My heart was set on Cheltenham in the end and it has turned out to be a good decision."