Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Stansfield dreams of playing against his former club

Adam Stansfield, the Hereford United striker, has told the Exeter Express and Echo that is dreaming of a long-awaited return from injury to play against his old club next Saturday in what is potentially the game of the season so far.

"I can't wait to be involved again. I want to play every game, every week - it's very frustrating not being involved," said 27 year old Stansfield.

"I travelled up to the game at Dagenham last weekend but I was sat in the stand and I couldn't help the team.

"It would be great if I could make my first league appearance against Exeter. My family still lives down in Devon and I'm looking forward to playing there next month, too.

"I played for Exeter's reserves a few years ago and we won the league, so it will be nice to play against them.

"I scored in all our pre-season games but then stopped when the league started and then I got injured.

"I feel fully fit now and hopefully I can help Hereford win on Saturday."

According to the article Stansfield will be on the bench this evening for the LDV game and he is hoping to play a big part in Saturday's clash between the Grecians and the Bulls, both of whom he thinks are promotion candidates.

"It was unlucky for them against Grays and our game will depend on how they react to that. If they don't respond well then hopefully we will get a result," he said.

"They started off the season really well, then dropped off, picked up again and then they lost to Grays. Hopefully they won't pick themselves up from that soon enough to trouble us.

"There's now about eight teams at the top who are all good teams, then there's a six-point gap between us and Woking.

"I think Hereford are good enough to win the league.

"Obviously our defensive record is phenominal - the best in the Conference - and if we can start killing teams off more efficiently we can go a long way. I've not seen Exeter this year, but I know they are strong and it will be a very tough game on Saturday."