Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Injury took long time to heal says Mills

Lee Mills has admitted that the injury he received at Scarborough last December has taken longer to heal than expected.

"It's been a bit of a difficult time for me, especially coming back from my injury," Mills told the Worcester News.

"I was out for nearly three months when we were hoping it was going to be about two to three weeks.

"When the lad tackled me at Scarborough, I naturally presumed it was just swelling and once it went that would be the end of it. But I damaged two tendons at the back of my ankle.

"I did a bit of damage in my comeback game at Burton. It was a case where I should have probably rested it for three weeks.

"It's been difficult coming back from the injury because there's not really been any reserve games to improve my fitness levels.

"I've had to get my fitness back in the first team but I'm not quite up to speed yet. There has also been one or two things happening away from the club.

"I was ill for a while and my wife gave birth to our second child three weeks ago and there's been a few sleepless nights. Sometimes I feel like things are conspiring against me.

"I've played the last two games but I'm probably 75 to 80 per cent fit. I was flagging for the last 15 minutes against Carlisle, but otherwise I felt pretty good."

Meanwhile Confguide have produced a list of the number of cards dealt out by referees this season. Today's official at Edgar Street, P N Gibbs, has not yet produced a red card in his six Conference games to date.

Record for P N Gibbs at Hereford games for the 2004/5 season.

21 sep 2004 hereford united 2 v 0 aldershot town - 3 yellows

19 feb 2005 hereford united 1 v 0 canvey island - 2 yellows.