ad banner

Lastmatch

Text at top (next game etc)

Next game: Spennymoor At Edgar Street On Saturday September 5th At 3.00pm

Top stories

TOP STORIES:
Loading headlines...

Breaking

Thursday, September 03, 2026

Cowell Stands Down From Post With Hereford Women

 

Malcolm Cowell has made the difficult decision to stand down as head of Women's Football at Hereford FC.

Cowell has had heart surgery recently and his decision means he can focus on recovering.

“This has been a really tough decision, but I feel it’s the right one as I need to focus properly on my recovery and doing all I can to return to good health," Cowell told Hereford's OS.

“I have really enjoyed my time at Hereford FC and am extremely proud of what the women’s team has achieved over the past few years. It has not always been an easy role, but it is one I have done my very best in and we have had some great times.

“I’d like to wish the women’s team all the best for the season ahead and also thank everyone who has played any part in supporting the team, whether on the field or off it.

“I look forward to seeing how the team progresses under Hugh Brookes’ guidance and hope to take in a few games in the near future. After all, once a Bull, always a Bull!”

 

Before being involved with the Women's team, Cowell was kit-man in the last season of Hereford United.

He returned to Hereford as kit-man in November 2020 replacing Stuart Whitehurst. He then gave up the post in May 2023 to join Solihull Moors on a full-time basis.

However in July 2023 he was appointed Head of Women's Football and brought in Jon Nash as coach.