Shrewsbury manager Gavin Cowan has said that he is looking forward to the friendly at Hereford on Tuesday evening.
Yesterday Shrewsbury played West Bromwich and lost 4-1.
"I really wanted that fixture because Hereford are relatively local rivals," said Cowan.
"I remember playing for Shrewsbury when Hereford were in League Two against them in the FA Cup and having a couple of really good two legs against them.
"And I feel it's a great one for the fans to go down there to see them again.
"Probably haven't seen them for a good decade or so, may be more, I'm not sure of the timescale.
"But I think it's a really good one for us to go down there.
"It's great for the fans to jump on the train, enjoy the night.
"There will be a big fanbase there.
"Another good thing is that they've invested a lot in their pitch this season.
"It will be a great day, good little healthy rivalry and hopefully everybody comes out of it positive for pre-season."
.png)