Saturday, October 26, 2024

Brilliant Reaction To Disappointing Result Said Caddis


Only the second home win of the league season for Hereford this afternoon but, as manager Paul Caddis said in his post match interview, a brilliant reaction to the disappointing result at Warrington last Tuesday.

"A really good reaction," said Caddis.

"I thought we controlled the game, the last ten minutes was a bit stretched which I don't  really like, however at 3-0 I understand how it got that way."

Aurio Teixeira was recalled to the starting eleven.

"I thought Aurio was excellent, he's been frustrated and rightly so because he's not finding himself in the team, so to come in and do that I thought was a brilliant reaction.

"We just wanted to fill the middle of the pitch with energy, that's why we put Aurio higher up the pitch with his energy.

"We wanted too be as energetic as we could, we knew supporters would react to that.

"I think we started really well and I thought it was comfortable enough in the end.

The final third of the game we probably missed too many chances, we had decent opportunities to make better of it but that's just me and I'll continue to be like that, the day I stop doing that is probably the day to give up.

"It's a brilliant reaction, it's a brilliant home win.

"Clean sheet is vitally important and scoring goals is great as well but I felt we could have had a couple more."