Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Saturday, September 14, 2024

The First Half Was Rubbish Said Caddis

Hereford manager Paul Caddis gave his thoughts on the FA Cup Draw with Ilkeston Town.

"I thought the first half was absolute rubbish," he said.

"I thought we lacked personality, we lacked a bit of character, all the things I ask for.

"Our quality in possession was dreadful. our intensity was dreadful, our decision making was dreadful and that's me being brutally honest.

"I've come out front time after time and protected the players but I think the first was embarrassing for me as a football manager to watch that. We were dreadful to be honest.

"I don't want to stand here and talk about how bad we were, credit to Ilkeston they caused us a lot of problems."

Caddis made three changes at the break taking off Babos, Teixeira and Preston.

"I'm trying to find a way of winning home games.

"We changed to 4-3-3 today, it's been a 3-5-2. Second half we went back to 3-5-2 and did far better. That probaly answers my question as to where we are better.

"We're trying different things, we're trying different people, we're trying to play, we're trying to get balls down the side and sometimes you go through tough moments and there's no two ways about it we're going through a tough moment without it being an absolute crisis at home.

I know it's a Cup game today but we're still fifth in the league. And when you are dreadful at home, you away form has to pick up and our away form is very good.

"The last ten to fourteen days I've looked at everything but there were moments in the game where we do better, Willo had a brilliant chance when Ceesay cut it back, it's those moments in the game.

"I've got to say Skinner, D'Ath and Rose reaction (after coming on) in the second half was brilliant because to be brutally honest they are patched up. That's not an excuse it's why they didn't start the game.

"We'll go Tuesday night, really tough place, we know what they are about, they know what we're about, and we got to colectively try and get through to the next round."

One talking point was when Skinner appeared to be brought down in the area. The referee gave him a yellow card.

"I thought it was a penalty but I'm not to moan going about our penalty decision, we've had far more problems than that today."