Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Monday, August 19, 2024

Rose hopes to stay with Hereford and promises 'goals, goals, goals'

Ahkeem Rose salvaged a point for Hereford at Chorley and hopes to score many more goals for the club
Forward Ahkeem Rose has said he wants to stay with Hereford after only one game for the club.

Rose signed for the Bulls on a short-term deal at the start of the month and having had to wait for international clearance, made his first appearance in the 1-1 draw at Chorley.

He salvaged a point for the Bulls as he came off the bench to pull his side back level - and he hopes many more goals are to come.

Speaking to the media after the game, 25-year-old striker Ahkeem Rose said he had trained with Hereford last season before moving to Scotland.

He said when he was without a club this summer, assistant manager Adam Rooney asked if we would 'have a crack' with Hereford: "I thought 'why not?', so here I am."

Rose started his career at Grimsby Town where he played 34 games in League Two before a move to Dover Athletic. After a spell with Weymouth, he moved north to Scottish Championship side Ayr United. A loan move to Hamilton Academical followed where he helped them achieve promotion to the Scottish Championship - his first promotion and he has similar aims at Hereford.

Caddis said Rose has "real scoring abilities", something the player - a number nine but happy to play out wide - said himself.

When asked what fans can expect from him, he said: "Goals, goals, goals."

He added: "The gaffer knows what I'm like as a player anyway so he just said go out there [at Chorley] and just express yourself and I feel like went out there and did exactly that."

On his future at Hereford, with Caddis initially dubbing him a "good short-term addition", Rose said: "I don't want to speak too soon but I guess we'll have to have a word with the gaffer.

"I'm pretty sure he will want to keep me as well and it's a nice club, it's a great club.

"I've been watching the club for a few years since Josh Gowling was the manager so I've known about it and a few of my mates have already played for them so just see what happens in the future and we'll make a decision going forward."

He added: "Any manager would want a striker who scored goals you know what I mean so like I said just see how it goes and hopefully I can stay."

He will be available for selection as Hereford take on Peterborough Sports at Edgar Street on Tuesday evening.