Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Sunday, August 04, 2024

Newport A Bit Of A Different Test Said Williams

 

Speaking after yesterday's friendly Hereford striker Andy Williams gave his view on the game.

"It was a bit of a different test for us," said Williams.

"Newport wanted to keep the ball but I thought we had the better chances.

"I thought we were patient and stuck to our game plan well, created some good chances and on another day we would have probably come on with a win."

Williams partnered Montel Gibson.

"He looked lively for the first few weeks in training so it was annoying he got a bit of a knock.

"Thankfully he's come back from that and I think he showed today that he's a real threat, real lively, good at holding the ball up and I know the goals will come as well."

Several new players behind the strikers.

"We've adjusted a few positions across the pitch and added some quality to the team and kept as much of the quality as we could from last season as well.

"Obviously a 0-0 draw today probaly isn't the excitement you are looking for but I think overall in pre-season you can say we are showing really positive signs.There is a lot to get excited about for this season."

Williams will be hoping he can stay free from injuries this season.

"I finished the last half of the season strong. I didn't miss a game after missing the first half. I played 21 games on the bounce.

"I'm hoping I can start the season strong and remain fit throughout."