Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Caddis Was 'Really Disappointed' With Performance At Brackley


After watching the game from the stands, Hereford manager Paul Caddis spoke to the local media.

"Really disappointed," he said.

"I thought inbetween both boxes we were okay.

"We weren't anywhere good enough in their box, I don't think we had a shot on target which is really, really poor.

"We could keep the ball for three or four minutes at a time but if you are not going affect the game what's the point.

"I'm disappointed, I'm upset, I'm angry, the players are angry, not a great afternoon.

"Me not being on the side didn't help, maybe I've got to be on the side to try and drive the players. That's something I need to learn and I'll take the responsibility for that.

"We lacked a bit of urgency, we knew Brackley would go back to a back five, we've watched a lot of them.

"They don't create loads of chances but they keep a lot of clean sheets, they are brilliant at defending their box and that's what they did.

"Did they cause us too many problems, no I don't think they did.

"But they deserved to win the game, I thought we lacked a bit of urgency, I thought we ran out of ideas in the final third, something I'll take on board.


"Jed was our lively player, 19 years old, a brilliant future ahead of himself and we have to recognise that he is our best player, got him on the ball, try and do everything you can to get him on the ball,

"And if you get him on it and people double up on him then where's there space on the pitch because someone else has doubled on him so let's find the spaces.

"Disappointed."