Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Some Tamworth Players Were Disrespectful Said Caddis


During his post match interview Hereford manager Paul Caddis was asked about 'the lack of class' from Tamworth.

Some of their players celebrated in front of the Meadow End and had to be restrained.

And whilst this was going on it appears there was an incident involving Lassana Mendes.

"I think I was the first one, I didn't start it, but I was disappointed with number 20.


"I thought some of the gestures he was giving to our supporters was disrespectful.

"I politely said you're top of the league, go and win the league now, go and celebrate with your own supporters.

"He gave me a bit back.

"I'm always going to do what I can to protect the supporters who pay hard money and get right behind us.


"I think the least I can do as their manager is try and defend them.

"I thought it was disrespectful."

There appeared to be some handbags.



"Again the referee misses the 20, the 20 walks down the tunnel, the referee then sends Mendes off I believe.

"We're going to speak to him and find out why that was. It was something the linesman saw.

"Fair play to the management they didn't lack class, a few of their players let themselves down.

"They're top of the league, but go and celebrate with your own supporters."


Assistant manager Adam Rooney also spoke about what happened after the final whistle.

"I'm not too sure I was talking to Willo and then I saw it all kick-off.

"I think one of their players may have been giving our fans a bit of something, I don't think the Gaffer was too happy.

"I not too sure what happened after that, a bit of a melee."