Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, January 06, 2024

Caddis says referee sent Cowley off for a headbutt

Jason Cowley
Paul Caddis says the referee sent Jason Cowley off for a headbutt in this afternoon's game at Scarborough.

The Bulls went a goal down in the first half before Cowley was shown a straight red after an off-the-ball altercation in the Boro box with Bailey Gooda.

Caddis said the referee went over to the dugout to say it was a headbutt, something the Hereford boss disputes.

He says he didn't see the altercation in the 3-0 defeat properly, but said he saw two players push the striker who will now be looking at a three-match suspension.

"To be honest, I'm not going to sit here and stick up for Cowls and I'm not going to slaughter him because I didn't see it that much," Caddis said.

"However, when the ref came over he told me he sent him off for a headbutt. There wasn't a headbutt, I know that much.

"So then 30 seconds later there was another break in play so we ask the referee and he says it'll be in the report.

"I'll speak to him now, once I'm allowed to do so, but to go from a headbutt to it'll be in the report is disappointing.

"Cowls shouldn't put himself in that situation so that's something we'll speak to him with, but disappointed."

The linesman didn't flag and, along with the referee, were away from the area.

Caddis said: "The linesman's 40 yards away. If the linesman can see something that I can't then fair play to him, I need to get myself to Specsavers.

"But no, I was really disappointed. The linesman, when he introduces himself, it was 'speak to us as often as you possibly can, as often as you want'.

"We tried to after that decision, he went a bit quiet.

"I was moaning at him and with all due respect, if there's a little tiny Easter-egg-on-legs Scotsman moaning at you and you can't cope, then what chance you got when you go to bigger pitches?"