Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, September 17, 2023

These Games Are Tough Said Caddis


After Hereford's 2-0 victory over Anstey Nomads in the FA Cup, manager Paul Caddis admitted that these games are tough.

"I've been the underdog in a FA Cup game and I've been in a side when you are expected to win," said Caddis.

"It's a lose, lose situation in terms of the expectation always to go and win five, six, seven nil when you play step four.

"All due respect to them they had a go second half.

"I thought we were disappointing second half after a pleasing first half.

"But Cup games are all about getting to the next round and that's what we've done."

Caddis gave debuts to Jordan Lyden and Yusifu Ceesay.

"I thought Jordan Lyden showed his quality, nice and calm in possession, got on the ball.

"Then Ceesay after seven minutes he scores a goal and we knew what we could get out of Ceesay.

"Both players only did sixty minutes. It's not a secret I'm struggling in terms of bodies at the moment so I'can't risk players having too many minutes when they've not played a lot of games.

"Thought both were really good, both impacted the game in a positive manner."