Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Absolutely Delighted With The Players Said Caddis

Paul Caddis

In his post-match interview last night Hereford manager Paul Caddis said he was 'absolutely delighted with the players'. 

Aston Villa Under 21's were by far the best pre-season opponents and gave Caddis's players a real test.

"I'm absolutely delighted with the players," said Caddis.

"The work ethic these players put in it's off the scale.

"We won't play against teams like that this year in terms of testing our shape so when you play against academies of a high league level, they need space to play in and we were compact, the shape again was brilliant, our work ethic was off the ball, the players driving each other on, driving across the pitch and our quality was there as well.

"I said when I came into this club that the art of crossing has gone out of the game and I don't know why.

"We put crosses in the box, we've done it now for the last three or four games and we've caused tremendous amount of problems.

"I'm delighted for the players and loving ever single bit of it."

Villa started well.

"As time went on we grew into the game, we secured possession a bit better.

The crowd of 2324 helped.

"A pre-season friendly with 2324 is amazing but it just shows you the size of this club and where we can get to if we all stick together.

"I'm privileged to be manager of this club and I'm loving every minute of it and I'm trying to get as much as I possibly can back to the club, to the board, for their trust in me and I think we can see that through the hard work of the players as well."