Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, May 22, 2023

Whing Leaves Banbury

Andy Whing

Andy Whing has stepped down as manager of Banbury.

Whing has been in charge for three seasons. Before then he was assistant manager at Hereford.

Below is his statement:

I would like to begin by thanking everyone connected with Banbury United Football Club for their love and support throughout my time at the club.

I am extremely proud of our achievements over the past 3 years; securing the club’s National League North status, then reaching the FA Cup Round 1 both last season and the previous season, before building a side that was competitive in the National League this season. At the start of my journey as Manager, I said that “ I cannot wait to get started in developing a football club that the community and fans can become even more proud of” and I hope that you all agree that I have put my heart and soul into delivering that promise.

To the incredible fanbase, you will always hold a place in my heart.

To the BUFC Board of Directors, I cannot thank you enough for your friendship and support, and for giving me the opportunity to manage this special club.

To my staff and players, thank you for giving me everything and for giving me satisfaction, on the way we have played, throughout our time together. I wish you all the best for next season and beyond.

I have taken this Club as far as I believe I can and I leave the Club, in a great position going forward.

I will now take time to rest, recharge and focus on my own personal development.

I am certain that the experience I have gained during my time with Banbury Utd will help me as I continue my coaching journey. I am proud to have been promoted whilst the BUFC manager, taking the club to its highest ever league position and I am both excited and ambitious to face my next challenge, wherever that shall be.