Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Not A Very Enjoyable Game Said Haines


After this afternoon's goal-less draw with Bradford Park Avenue, Hereford captain for the game Luke Haines spoke to the local media.

Haines wore the captains armband in place of Jared Hodgkiss who was injured.

"I don't think it was a very enjoyable game for anyone," said Haines.

"I think there were exciting times when we break at the end and we miss an open goal.

"I think the game all in was a bit of a safety game. We didn't want to lose, I don't think they wanted to lose.

"However I think the circumstances must have changed during the game for them when they sort of had to go for it which turned it into a bit of a basketball match.

"It was probably exciting coming to the end of the game. I think the start of the game was very slow. 

"I felt like first half they were setting up for a draw. At one point they were time wasting and I was a bit confused by it all because I thought they needed to come here and win.

"But then they upped the tempo of the game. Then all the forwards were staying forward and it was just pinging back and forth."

Keith Hall who interviewed Haines then mentioned Miles Storey.

"He's always a threat.

"Even if he is having a bad game he's always got that pace. And he'll think what am I going to do next, he'll just run at his man and that's what he does well."

Does having the captains armband affect your game?

"I do like to try and lead the boys out but I think it makes me more cautious in terms of my discipline, which as we know is not the best.

"It makes me more aware of what's going on and I prefer when the ref speaks to you with respect.

"When you are the captain I feel that they do but if you are not the captain I feel that they don't. They sort of look down on you and belittle you which is what winds me up and that's why I get in trouble. I do need to stop that."

The interview turned to Harry Pinchard who some thought deserved man of the match.

"Pinchard is fantastic. His technical ability is one of the best in the league.

"Left footed, low centre of gravity, he gets around the pitch so well and he also wants the ball.

"I would like to think in the next couple of years is that he would move up the leagues a bit, just because he technically above and beyond quite a lot in this league."

Right at the end of the game Miles Storey stormed down the left  hand side and gets past two defenders. The Bradford keeper had come right up the pitch. Surely an open goal?











"It's the story of our season really in terms of those near chances, the fine line, the fine margins.

"We were playing for something today and they were playing for something. At the other end we would have both taken a point.

"It happens but it's a good job we weren't playing for anything otherwise Kane would have been in trouble with the lads."