Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Saturday, April 22, 2023

I've Enjoyed Working For This Great Football Club Said Klukowski


In his post match interview Hereford interim manager Yan Klukowski spoke about his time in charge and how he might like to manage another club in the future.

"I've felt very comfortable," said Klukowski.

"It's something I see myself doing in the future and I've enjoyed working for this great football club.

"I would like to thank everybody involved from the board to the fans and the players for trusting me to lead this club.

"It's been wonderful learning for myself, great development, learnt a lot along the way.

"But it does leave a tinge of frustration and I think the player feel we have under-achieved.

"I think the moments we have got really close to the playoffs we've been hit with a significent injury list.

"And the game that stands out for me was away at Chorley where if we win that game we go one point behind seventh place, one point behind them.

"I think it dented the confidence slightly because really we should have been 5-0 up at half time.

"And if we had won that game I think there would have been real momentum in terms of that last push.

"We still had time to make the playoffs but we haven't and that's why I speak about a tinge of frustration with the quality that we have in the group."

It was suggested by Keith Hall that there was 'no out and out goalscorer out there which every club wants'.

"I think that's the obvious improvement that is required.

"But I do think its been a funny season because we have got goalscorers in the squad. They've either not been in great form or we've just snatched at chances that have become available.

"Yes I think it's been an odd season. Myself and Kevin have never been in anything like it in terms of amount of chances we are creating but not sticking away.

"That coupled with a bit more luck and another goal scorer at the club could be the difference."