Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Eve Happy With Clean Sheet


With regular keeper Dino Visser out of action with a dead leg, Dale Eve has kept goal for Hereford recently.

Yesterday he kept a clean sheet and was awarded man of the match.

Afterwards he spoke to the local media starting with the game.

"End of the season, second last game," said Eve.

"They need points and we are pretty much secure from relegation.

"So it was pretty much a game of as long as they don't score we can try and score as many as we can.

"We kept a clean sheet so happy days really.

"The back four did very well, lots of blocks, lots of on the line blocks, Zac and Orrin did very well today."

Whilst Visser was playing Eve went out on loan.

"Even though I was out on loan I was still training with the boys so I was still keeping up with everyone, seeing everyone and I was happy to be back in as soon as they needed me.

"It's sad to see Dino out of a few weeks, hopefully a speedy recovery for him, at the same time it's good for me to get some game time in these last four games, one left to go."

Looking forward?

"Get as many games in as possible. Goalkeepers normally thrive later on age-wise,I want to keep playing as long as possible."

Do you want to stay at Hereford with new manager Paul Caddis?

"Oh yes, 100%.

"I'll be ready to show him what I've got.

"I've loved my spell at Hereford. Brilliant stadium, brilliant fans.

"It's wonderful, lovely pitch, everone has had a wonderful time here."