Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, February 12, 2022

I Thought We Were Tremendous Today Said Burr


Hereford's assistant manager Steve Burr spoke to the press this afternoon after the 2-0 victory over Guiseley.

Before the mics were turned on Burr presented a signed shirt to club photographer Steve Niblett for his 60th birthday.

Burr usually only ever speaks to the press after defeats. So it was good to have his thoughts on the win.

"I thought we were tremendous today, absolutely tremendous," said Burr.

"First half was probably as good as performance I've seen since I've been here.

"Some of the football was excellent, we should have scored more goals.

"In the back of our minds probably the dominance we had thinking one slip and Guiseley could score but the first half performance was excellent.

"It was difficult in the second half, we just didn't seem to have that same momentum but I think to try and keep that tempo from what we did in the first half would have been very hard to do.

"Teams at this level will put you under pressure from time to time throughout the ninety minutes but overall a great three points and a fantastic performance from the boys.

"You've heard the saying in football we've battered them in the first half and we certainly did. 

"No disrespect to Guiseley they like to play but I thought our lads particularly in the first half were outstanding. Some of the football was great.

"And when you are standing in the dug-out for me it's so enjoyable to see that and myself and the gaffer are pleased with that type of football that we're showing. It's been great today, really good."

Ryan Mclean was unlucky not to score at least once in the first half.

"I said to Ryan at half time that we would be more disappointed if he wasn't getting in those opportunities. He made some great runs and just today, I've been there myself as a striker you get in the right positions and for whatever reasons it doesn't happen for you and you don't score.

"I said to him keep making the runs and just keep getting in there, keep wanting the ball and he did that. He put a good shift in."

Momodu Touray started up-front.

"Mo came into the side, first game for him today, and I thought his link up play with the people around him was excellent and he had a good game. We just need to get him match-fit now."

Maziar Kouhyar, who scored both Hereford's goals, was man of the match.

"I said to Maz I had a feeling about him scoring today. He's been close a few times over the last few weeks but his overall performance today merited the man of the match award.

"His passing and the two goals he scored, we won't mention the one that he hit the bar with because he should have scored with that, but terrific all round today.

"I'm sure the fans that were here today enjoyed the performance."