Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, February 05, 2022

I Learnt A Lot Today Said Cox After Hereford

Boston manager Paul Cox felt he had learnt a lot about his players today despite their 2-1 defeat at Hereford.

"I've learnt a lot today," said Cox.

"The game was lost in the first twenty minutes. we were too easy to score against.

"We tweaked things after twenty minutes but we were a bit disappointed we didn't get anything from the game. The boys put in a great shift from that minute onwards.

"I thought we looked really good in the second half without scoring that second goal.

"You can't come way to places like this and give teams a 2-0 head start.

"The boys worked really hard and I feel we deserved more out of the game because of the amount of chances we created. 

"We had three free headers in the first half alone that we should have done better with, should have hit the target. You hit the target you score goals.

"How we didn't score a second I don't know.

"We looked really comfortable second half against a strong wind. They only really had the one chance.

"We've lost today, I've got to put that one away."