Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Friday, March 26, 2021

Steve Burr Interview On Non-League Show

 

Hereford assistant manager Steve Burr featured in this week's Non-League Show.

The broadcast was recorded yesterday afternoon.

To listen go to: https://www.nonleaguefootballshow.com/ 

Burr's interview starts at around 35 minutes in. 

"I retired from managing 18 months ago," said Burr.

"I wanted to stay involved in some way, shape or form.

"I took on a scouting role at Fleetwood for a period. I quite enjoyed that but I must admit I was missing the dressing room.

"So when Josh took over at Hereford he got in touch with me and asked me if I would come in and help him.

"It suits me down to the ground.

"I was assistant to Paul Fairclough with the England C team for nearly ten years so the assistant role is something I've done before.

"The management side is something I've done and I enjoyed but if I can help with my experience, help make Josh become a manager and make a name for himself then it will be a job worth doing for my part.

"The role suits me. When there's any rubbish stuff that he has to deal with players as managers have to do, I can say get on with it that's your job now!"