Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Jones leaves Hereford to move closer to family

Dan Jones has left Hereford FC to move closer to his family in Dublin.

Speaking to the club's official website, Jones explained that his wife gave birth to their son during the first lockdown and he had a heart condition and had to have a couple of major operations.

“But he came through all of that and then with the lockdown and with everything going on my wife thought it was best to move back to Dublin to be next to her family, for the extra help and support. I stayed here and carried on training and playing, football was my release in a way and I put all my effort into playing.

“My son’s on a lot of medication but day by day he’s got stronger and stronger and he’s literally perfect now, I can’t believe how strong he is. I’m just delighted with him, he’s just come through everything leaps and bounds.

“But during the latest lockdown, I was just seeing my son on the videos my wife is sending me and I’m thinking I’m missing this, I should be there with him.

“Josh (Gowling) knew my son was poorly, I was going with my son for appointments and things, but I didn’t really let on how poorly he was. When I did tell Josh he was great and really supportive.”