Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, March 08, 2020

Mooney Nearly Scored A Second

Mooney's Shot Was Cleared Off The Line
After yesterday's 2-1 win At Farsley Celtic, Hereford's Kelsey Mooney spoke to the local media. The young striker scored, hit the crossbar and nearly scored a second goal late in the game.

"Back to back wins is something we've looked for all season," said Mooney.

"Hopefully we can keep it going at Kettering on Tuesday."

Mooney scored Hereford's second goal after Lennel John-Lewis had unselfishly passed the goal when well placed.

"I enjoy the partnership, I get on well with him. We play well with each other on the pitch which is good.

"It's a role I've not been used to before but I'm doing okay with it.

"He's an experienced player, he's played in the league for a long time and he tries to help me when he can and I appreciate it.

"Goals are something you thrive for as a striker and I've struggled with it this season. Now I've got into a decent bit of form so I hope I can keep it going.

"Josh taking over, he has a lot of faith in me I feel. I'm not saying under the previous manager he didn't but we understand each other a lot better, I know what he wants me to do to get the job done.

"The dressing room in general is brilliant at the minute, we all get on really well, we're a tight-knit group.

"This run of form we've got to keep going."

Some players are having a second chance?

"Quite a few, some people have come back off loan and some have come back into the side and that's what you get with a new manager. It's a second opportunity and I feel like I'm doing okay.

"I've got a goal target that I want to get to and then for us we've got a target getting points on the board."

And today's game?

"I thought we were very good in the first half with the wind we dug in well. In the second half it was a tough game but we did okay and got the winner in the end."

Interviewee Keith Hall felt Mooney had scored a third Hereford goal towards the end. How far was it off the line?

"I think he cleared it off the line, I thought it was over the line but no I didn't get away with that one. I thought I had scored when it hit the crossbar before. It's a tough pitch to get hold of the ball, I tried."





It's Kettering on Tuesday.

"It's been called off a few times. It will probably be a similar surface to what it is today. We'll try and keep the run going."