Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, March 08, 2020

Burr ' Delighted With Performance' At Farsley


Hereford's assistant manager Steve Burr said he was delighted with the performance at Farsley Celtic yesterday.

The Bulls won the game 2-1 and afterwards Burr spoke to the Hereford media.

"Difficult conditions and the most pleasing thing today was that we adapted to the conditions really well.

"It was hard to play, the surface was very bobbly.

"First half we should really have gone in with more goals because we dominated the first half and second half, we spoke about it at half-time, just getting that other goal just to give us that little bit of a cushion and we got that.

"I didn't feel in any danger at all today, I thought it was a real good all round professional performance.

"When you are winning matches it just makes for a better place, players coming in a lot happier than when you are not winning games.

"There have been signs of improvement over the last couple of months I'd like to think and you can see that in the way the players are performing.

"It was good to come here today after such a good result in the week and back up that performance in the week on a difficult day today.

"We've said all along that we can't carry anybody with the squad that we've got, we all have to be at it, but there are some talented players in that team.

"Two boys have made a big difference, obviously Jeven Anderson from Burton and Lenell coming in, they've helped the other boys.

"We've just trying to finish as high as we can and get as many points as we can."

BBC H&W's Keith Hall then asked Burr about partnerships within the team.

"I think you need that, you need partnerships all around the park, but as a team you need a partnership to work as a unit and I felt that everything the lads did today was spot on.

"Since I've come in with Josh, the board have been very supportive in helping us when they can to bring lads in and move one or two lads out and we couldn't have had more support."

Burr was then asked about the future and when would discussions start.

"No idea really, I'm sure they (the board) will make the decision when the time is right. We are only in here to try and turn things around and win matches.

"As soon as they make that decision we can all sit down and see where we are going."

Patterns of play have improved.

"When you get a surface like you have at Edgar Street and good pitches like York on Tuesday, over the years I've always wanted to see sides I've been involved in play football. Josh and I have the same philosophy.

"But today was a different kettle of fish because you couldn't play on there but we want to play, we want to excite people. At the end of the day if we're excited in the dug-out we know the fans will be."

Burr was warned that Kettering's pitch (Hereford play there on Tuesday) might be worse than today's pitch.

"Maybe that a good  grounding playing here first so there are no excuses on Tuesday now!" 

Burr was asked about how he was enjoying his new role.

"I'm enjoying it. Initially I've come in to help Josh until the end of the season but I mist admit since being back in and around the training room and in amongst the dressing room I've really enjoyed it.

"The days of being a number one for me are well and truely over but if I can help Josh succeed in becoming a manager then I'd love to do that. At the minute I'm really enjoying it."

Would you consider next season?

"Possibly. There are a few things that could be happening with me next season football-wise. But I am enjoying it here and we'll see what happens. I'll take it one step at a time.

"It'a great club, a big club as well and the enjoyment of winning matches, you never lose that feeling of when you've won.

"Hopefully I can help Josh succeed and become a manager with my experience I think it would be a good foil, but there is lots to consider yet on my part."