Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, February 02, 2020

Hereford Are A Massive Club Said Burr


In his post match interview at Alfreton Steve Burr, third from left, spoke about how he was settling in with Hereford.

Could you have ever guessed three weeks ago that you would be assisting at Hereford?

"No, to be honest," said Burr.

"I got the call from Josh and I had been doing a bit of scouting as you perhaps know up at Fleetwood which I quite enjoy but I must admit over the last couple of weeks I've really enjoyed being back in the dug-out and back on the training pitch.

"I always said that the managing side of the game is over for me but if I can help somebody as assistant or in some capacity in the game then I wanted to stay involved. That was always my aim.

"Hopefully I can help Josh nail down the job here because I know how keen he is to make a name for himself as a manager. Hopefully I can help him do that and succeed.

"I've always said Hereford are a massive club and if we can get them pointing in the right direction, you only saw last week at home I think they've only won two in twenty odd games and there's two thousand people there and that's incredible.

"From my Kiddy days I knew it was a big game for us and I enjoyed going to Edgar Street so hopefully I can enjoy it a bit more now and see a lot more of you but the results will probably dictate that."

Is confidence lacking at Hereford?

"I think when you've been on a run like the club have been on, you could see today there was a little anxiety, snatching at things when the chance comes your way, maybe not quite having that belief that you can play.

"But I've seen them now in the last couple of weeks in training, glimpses of it against Curzon, there's things you can build on there.

"Obviously you are down at the wrong end of the table for a reason so we have to address that but at the same time there are some good lads in the squad so hopefully we can build on what we've got and add one or two along the way."

Next is Southport at Edgar Street.

"Looking forward to that. We'll work this week to work on getting a positive result on Saturday."