Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Throughly Enjoyable At Hereford Said Bodenham


Cardiff City's Jack Bodenham is on loan at Hereford and says he is throughly enjoying his time there.
 

"Physically it’s a much tougher challenge,” Bodenham told the Cardiff City OS. “There are a lot of bigger players in this league and there is a lot more direct football played, even in comparison to what I experienced in the Welsh Premier League with TNS.
 

“The quality of football may be a little higher in the U23 league at times, but at this level it is all about finding a way past your opponents and winning.”
 

Bodenham is playing at left back.
 

“It’s adding another string to my bow. It allows me to have another position. It’s a little bit different - more running. But I’ve enjoyed getting forward too.
 

“I still see myself as a central defender, but it’s about doing a job for the team - and I’ve learnt that while playing men’s football.
 

“It has been a thoroughly enjoyable challenge. We were bitterly disappointed to go out of the FA Cup against Tamworth on Tuesday. But league wise we’ve been doing well and have been climbing the table since I came here.
 

“Playing in front of big crowds is a new experience for me. It gives you even more motivation and adrenaline. You want to do well for yourself and your teammates, but also the supporters.
 

“I’m at Edgar Street until January and I want to help them get as far up the league as possible.”
 

“I’m training with Hereford twice a week and still with Cardiff once or twice too. It’s great for them to keep tabs on my development.
 

“With it not being too far from home it is ideal. I get the best of both worlds. Keeping up with the boys in Cardiff, speaking with the coaches and staff about my progress and playing first team football at Hereford.”