Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Wednesday, October 09, 2019

My Best Moment Said Tamworth Joint Manager



Tamworth won last night's FA Cup replay at Hereford after the game went to penalties. 

Joint manager Andrew Danylyszyn was elated with the result.

“That match, the performance, the result, the unbelievable scenes at the end, it’s made me tearful,” said Danylyszyn as reported by BirminghamLive.

“I’ve never had a feeling like it in football in my life. It was my best moment.

“The atmosphere in the dressing room afterwards and, with the supporters at the ground, it was just amazing.

“And, I’m just so thrilled for everyone connected with the club. It’s reward for a lot of hard work. The players have been incredible.


“Their resilience to come through these two games against a higher league opponent has been superb.


“I want the players to enjoy this moment.


“Likewise, I’m delighted for all the staff - people like (performance analyst) Hannah Freeman, who produced a video of the penalties Hereford take. That made a difference."


Gary Smith, the other assistant manager, added that his heart had been pounding throughout the game.

“When I look at how the boys have gone out and performed on that pitch, we were absolutely brilliant.

“We dug in, stayed in the game and I always felt that the longer we stayed in it we could get something out of it.


“To go to penalties and win it, it was dramatic but we are ecstatic. The scenes at the end, with the players and fans, were something else.”