Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Quite A Number Of Applicants For Hereford Job Said Harris


After yesterday's 1-0 win at Blyth Spartans, Hereford FC Head of Football Tim Harris spoke about the recruitment of a new head coach/manager.

He was asked about his involvement in the process.

"Ultimately it's the board's decision to appoint a manager or head coach whatever they want to go and that was the same when they apppointed Marc.

"I'll look at it, I know a lot of people in the game, I've been in the game a long time that's why I'm old and grey.

"All said and done ultimately it will be the board's decision.

"We've had quite a number of applicants, we're not going to get to put a figure on it but we've had a lot of applicants.

"There are people that have come from a higher level than we're talking at this present moment in time and there are people coming from this level and there's also people coming from lower level that chuck their hat in the ring and hope that they are going to be lucky to manage a club the size and stature of Hereford."

Harris was asked if was expected to be in charge next Saturday?

"There has to be a process, I can't really answer that at the moment.

"If required then yes, if required it's not a problem to me, it's not that I'm looking for the job."

There were around 100 supporters backing Hereford at the game.

"Can I just say how pleased I was with the away support today because it is a trek and a half and they were fantastic. Thanks to them."