Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Bowman Joins Exeter

Ryan Bowman After He Scores For Hereford Against Shrewsbury In November 2012 - Picture From Andy Compton

Former Hereford United striker Ryan Bowman has joined Exeter City from Motherwell for a undisclosed fee.

His signing comes as Exeter expect top scorer Jayden Stockley to move on.

“When I heard there was interest, I was always looking at the results and it is an exciting time for the club,” said Bowman as reported by DevonLive.

“Hopefully, we can push towards League One and I can be a big part of that and score as many goals as I can.

“I like to thing I am a target man. I hold the ball up, win my headers and link-up play and obviously score goals. That is the main thing the fans want to see from a striker and hopefully I can give them that.”

Bowman joined Hereford United in July 2012 and scored 19 goals during 43 appearances for the Bulls. However despite being made an offer for the following season he decided to move to York City.