Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Best Decision Of My Footballing Career Said Mills


John Mills Celebrates A Goal Against Westfields On Boxing Day
Hereford FC striker John Mills has told the 'Herald' that deciding to come to Hereford was the best decision of my footballing career.

“It was probably the best footballing decision of my career to come here,” said Mills.


“I’m playing in front of 2,000-3,000 fans every week, which is something any amateur footballer dreams of.


“My target at the start of the season was always to get as close as possible to the 57 goals I scored last season and I think I might get more than that.”

Mills together with his strike partner Pablo Haysham scored 70 goals for Didcot last season, a number they are on route to beat this season. But as Haysham told the paper it was not certain he would come to Hereford.

Pablo Haysham After Scoring Against Westfields Last October
“I spent pre-season at Oxford City on trial.


“But when that didn’t work out I spoke to John, who told me about his talks with Hereford and that they were looking for another striker.


“After a couple of conversations between me, him and the people at Hereford it became clear that it was the right thing to do and we had no hesitation signing.


“I really feel I fell on my feet with that one and I have to thank John for it because he took care of everything.

“I’ve played with John for years, right back to when we were in the Abingdon United youth team together.


“I think I’m more of a creator than a goalscorer like John and that’s why we work so well together.


“We’ve played in the same teams plenty of times before and we know each other outside of football, so we get on really well.” 

They live in the same area.

“Pablo still lives just down the road from me in Abingdon, so it’s a perfect arrangement.


“We’ve played together since under 15 level, with only the odd season apart.


“We formed a good partnership during that time and we’ve stuck together ever since.”