Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Bishop Stortford In The FA Cup On Saturday 28 September at 3.00pm

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Beadle Keeping His Eye On Cory Williams


Cory Williams
Hereford FC manager Peter Beadle would like to have former Hereford United youngster Cory Williams in his squad but at present that seems unlikely.

"I spoke to Cory in the summer," Beadle told BN.

"There's certain things that come with Cory because he doesn't live locally. We would have to try and find out if we could keep him in the area and find him work in the area which we said we would look to do.

"But at the moment Cory still wants to try the full-time game. I think he's been trialing at Northampton.

"He's a player I know really well and the fans know really well and one I know they would like to have here.

"He's a great kid and he's a great willing runner and he scored lots of goals for the youth team so one that we would like to have.

"But at moment we're letting him do his thing and if he is ready and when he decides he wants to come, if he wants to come, then we'll sit down and have a chat with him and try and bring him in.

"It would be lovely if he could come but he thinks his path is somewhere else, like I've done with all the boys I've tried to guide them and give them the best help I can.

"For me Cory's best place is here because he would be in the running to play every week and he's got good coaches here who will work with him and progress his game and I think he would only improve here.

"He's chasing his dream at the moment and that's his prorogative and we'll wait and see what happens with him."