Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Only Way Is Up Said Brodie


Brodie With A Smile After He Puts The Bulls Ahead
Richard Brodie put the Bulls ahead after just eight minutes at the Shay this afternoon and afterwards he told BBC Hereford and Worcester that he thinks the club is moving forward.

"Over the past two games I think luck has gone against us," said Brodie.

"We haven't been as bad as the results show. To stop that rot today was excellent. It was a tough place to come."

What about the goal?

"I was surprised the keeper didn't move for it to be honest.

"It was nice to get that goal early doors. Obviously we conceeded from a set-piece which is a downside.

"But the only way is up from here.

"Good bunch of lads and the gaffer is brilliant, hopefully we can put a run together now.

"I felt a bit tight today, I think it's the first time I've played three games in a week for a long time."

Brodie has played under Martin Foyle in the past and appears to want to stay at Edgar Street beyond his initial month long loan.

"He's good and he knows me personally as well. He helps me, I help him and hopefully after the month we'll see what happens.

"I been here eight days and I feel I've been here for a long time.

"People have made me feel so welcome, I like the area.

"The gaffer knows what I can do when I've got that smile on my face.

"No one is shouting at me, I hope we can kick on."

The striker likes the ball to his feet.

"When the ball comes to your feet from the midfield players after winning it you can get the ball and turn. We were a bit sloppy at times but you look back at the Aldershot game and I had a decent game and didn't score.

"Today I was probably six out of ten but your name's on the score sheet but that's life as a footballer."