Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Good Point At A Hard Place Said Foyle


Hereford United manager Martin Foyle was much happier after his side took a point at the Shay this afternoon but he was disappointed that Michael Rankine has felt his hamstring again.

"It's a good point at a hard place," Foyle told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"Today we looked much more dogged, solid.

"The two wide players did the job I wanted them to do because I thought they would be 4/3/3.

"Browny hasn't played a game for a long time but I thought he was excellent. Westy tired towards the end.

"The goal gave everybody a spark, a spring in their step, then after that I thought we dominated, then we started giving the ball away cheaply and they had the lions share before half-time.

"We have missed Kingsley, he was the one I pencilled in to start the season. He's come in shattered but it will do him the world of good."

Foyle was without Chris Sharp.

"He's picked up an ankle injury and then Ranks has twicked his hamstring a little bit more but these are the things we are living with at the moment.

"Green and Westy their loans are up the weekend of Luton.

"It's not panic time but it would be nice to have a free week."

Foyle then spoke about Halifax.

"They are a good side, their one of my top ten.

"I knew how difficult it was coming here, I'd played with Aspin (Halifax manager) for years and years and I know his sides are determined and big lads.

"I thought we dealt with the long ball very well at times.

"It was a good game and a fair result.

"It was one of those, we were tiring but I thought we soaked up the pressure well."