Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Monday, April 09, 2007

Dean Smith expects entertaining encounter today

Dean Smith has been telling the official Walsall website in advance of this afternoon's clash between the Saddlers and the Bulls that he looks out for the results of both clubs.

Smith, a defender, started his career at Walsall then moved to the Bulls in 1994 for £80,000 which is the highest fee ever paid by Hereford United.

He stayed at Edgar Street for three years and was still with the club when they were relegated from the Football League. A few months later he was sold to Leyton Orient for £42,500. He stayed for six years before moving to Sheffield Wednesday. Recently he returned to London to become assistant manager at Leyton Orient.

"I enjoyed my time at both clubs and still keep an eye out for their results," said Smith.

"Hereford have had a good season and done really well after coming up through the Conference Play-Offs last season.

"In Graham Turner they have a guy who I know all about and he looks younger now than he did when he was my boss at Hereford! I've seen them play a number of times and they are a good side.

"Walsall were one of my picks to go up and I think they will do just that. Richard Money has done a great job and really lifted the club after relegation last season.

"It will be a good game played in the right way and one that, if I was still in the area, would go to."