Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Premier League's Jarrod Bowen wants to return to Edgar Street

Jarrod Bowen says he wants to return to Edgar Street
West Ham United star Jarrod Bowen has said he would like to return to Hereford.

The forward made his senior debut in a game at Barnet in 2014 and then scored his first senior goal in front of the Meadow End in a 3-2 win over Alfreton.

Bowen has just become the first West Ham player to score in three different games against Liverpool in a season since Geoff Hurst in 1964/1965.

The 27-year-old has now also just scored his 20th goal of the season and said he wants to go back to Edgar Street.

Speaking to the Iron Cast podcast, Bowen, who also made his 200th West Ham appearance on Saturday afternoon, said: “I’ve only been back once with Hull City for a pre season friendly, but hopefully I’ll go back at the end of my career.”

“My uncle (Ben Bowen) does the pitch there, he’s the groundsman, sometimes I’d sit in his van and watch the game from there, even when I’d moved to Hull!”

“I never thought I’d play that kind of professional football," Bowen responded when asked how much better he was than players at Hereford.

“I didn’t think I stood out, I just saw it as an honour to play for my local team.”

He also reminisced about going to his nan and grandad's farm and would like to do more farming - but his family are quashing it by saying he'll have been a Premier League footballer.

In the 45-minute podcast, he also talks about his Hereford United days and the euphoria at Aldershot, how leaving home at 17 was brutal and his move to West Ham.