Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

We're Ready To Go Said Grimes

 

Hereford defender Jamie Grimes has been to Wembley before but has never played at the venue.

The first time he went was as a 19 year old with Swansea City when they won a play-off final. Since then his ambition has been to play there.

"I was sat there in the crowd and thought I want to do this in my career," Grimes told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"I'm so happy that I'll get a chance to forfill that."

Grimes has also spoken to YourHerefordshire. He was asked about the last two weeks.

"It's been good," he said.

"We've had a tough few weeks with the Gaffer doing a lot of training on the training pitch, lots of fitnees work. We feel fit and ready to go.

"It will be the first time I've played at Wembley. I'm really excited about it.

"I've been there in a squad before and have always wanted to go back there and play myself so it will be nice to get on the pitch. Excited."

How do you find Josh Gowling's modern approach to management?

"I love it. I've said to him, I've said to other people that he is very good at what he does. He makes you feel involved. It's like a joint effort. He's at the top but everyone gets involved. We're really organised and I really enjoy my time with him.

"We've done our work now. Our last friendly was Saturday and now we are just focusing on that game on Saturday.

"Two good training sessions to come and, yes, we're ready to go."