Tuesday, March 09, 2021

O'Shea Remembers Having To Toughen Up At Hereford

 

West Brom defender Dara O'Shea has spoken about his time on loan at Hereford and how he needed to toughen up after hearing an opposition manager speak about him.

"In my second or third match, before the game I remember the opposition manager calling the striker over and saying, ‘He’s a young lad, get into him’, said O'Shea as reported by the Irish Sun.

"Five minutes later we were defending a free-kick and I was setting up our line.

"The next thing I know I got a swift elbow to the face and was on the floor.

"I realised, ‘OK, I’m in with the big boys now. I need to toughen up or else I’m going to be eaten alive. 

"From then on, I put a tough tackle in the very first opportunity I could, just to prove to these lads I wasn’t going to be a pushover at such a young age."