Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

I'm Not Disappointed, I'm Angry Said Gowling

Hereford manager Josh Gowling spoke to Keith Hall after Gloucester won tonight's game at Edgar Street 1-0.

"I'm not disappointed, I'm angry," said Gowling.

"I think we gave them a little bit too much respect first half. 

"They were probably better slightly better first half than second half.

"But for me we were by far the better team.

"Disappointed with Owen-Evans' sending off, I've got no issues with that.

"It's hit the post, he's gone sliding in and it is what it is. I questioned the referee about their striker who was on a yellow just before that and did exactly the same tackle. 

"We had opportunities in the second half to get back but we didn't take them.

"We worked in training yesterday about pressing high and we didn't do it in the first half

"Second half we came out with better quality on the ball but then our final ball, our final decision making in that area, was what let them off the hook.

"I think we had three or four good opportunities to score goals, they weren't half opportunities, they were very good opportunities."

Hall pointed out that Gloucester are top of the table and unbeaten in the league.

"I don't care, I'm not interested.

"We should have won that game today, that's what its about.

"Our squad is good enough to beat anyone at this level and I'm very annoyed we lost that game because we should have won that game.

"I expect a big performance on Saturday."