Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Friday, September 11, 2020

Q&A | Keiran Thomas looks ahead to facing his former team

Former Hereford player Keiran Thomas could be facing his former team on Saturday when he lines up for Weston-super-Mare in a pre-season friendly.

Thomas linked up with the Seagulls in the summer after he could not commit to Hereford for the forthcoming campaign.

Below is a Q&A that BN has done with Thomas ahead of the match.

BN: How has it been at WSM since you joined the club?

KT: It has been brilliant since joining Weston. We have a good squad and all the boys get on really well.

BN: What are your and the club's expectations this season?

KT: My expectations for the season are to play as many games as I can and finish as high up the table as we can.

BN: Are you looking forward to Saturday's game and how do you think it will go?

KT: I am looking forward to Saturday's game ,it will be good to see some old faces again. I think it will be a competitive game.

BN: With news that social gatherings will be banned from Monday, no one knows what the future for football will be like going forward? Are you glad that at least some fans can attend on Saturday and, as a non-league player, what has it been like during these uncertain times?

KT: It’s very hard and uncertain times for everyone. I am glad that some fans can come on Saturday. Like I said, it will be good to see some old faces as I got on well with a lot of the Hereford supporters at the club. As a player in these times, it has been ok for me so far. Weston have been brilliant to me and the test of the teams, but it’s hard as a player not having the fans in the stadiums but hopefully that will all change soon.

BN: Why did you decide to leave Hereford and did you want to stay?

KT: I decided to leave Hereford because I couldn’t fully commit to what (Josh) Gowling and (Steve) Burr wanted to do, which was a shame. I did want to stay because I thought I had a good connection with the club and enjoyed my time there. But when I spoke to (Weston manager) Scott Bartlett, it was a perfect fit for me.

BN: Last season was very disjointed for Hereford with the changes of managers etc. How did you view the campaign?

KT: Last season was very tough for Hereford with all the changes that happened and was hard to settle with things changing all the time. But I guess that’s football.

BN: How do you think Josh Gowling and the club will do this season?

KT: I think Josh and the club will do well this season. Josh is a brilliant professional and wants to do things right which is good for the players and the club. I will still be keeping a close eye on the club and hopefully they can push forward.