Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, September 18, 2020

Experienced Football League player joins Hereford

Hereford have signed experienced Football League player Jake Wright.

The centre-back, who is 34, has made over 300 appearances in the Football League and helped Oxford gain promotion to League One in 2015/2016.

He then helped Sheffield United reach the Championship by winning the League One title before joining Bolton on loan last season, making 11 appearances.

Talking to Hereford's official website, Wright said: "I still think I’ve got a lot to give, a lot of years left in my legs, so hopefully I’ll be able to bring my experience from my promotions and help get this club back to where it needs to be."

Hereford manager Josh Gowling added that it will be great for Jamie Grimes to play alongside Wright and the new defender has got a great attitude.