Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, February 13, 2020

I'm On Trial Said Gowling


Hereford interim manager Josh Gowling has admitted he is on trial after taking over from Russell Slade.

Whilst some supporters feel that performances have been better since Gowling took over, the harsh reality that his return of just two points from three games is disappointing. And he faces a difficult task at second placed York City on Saturday.

"Obviously the club will want to look at me and I’m sure they are out there looking at other candidates as well," Gowling told the non-league paper.

"I’ve just got to try and build that trust and relationship with the players.

"Hopefully that will translate to results which will then give me trust with the fans and the board and football club as a whole. That’s what I am trying to do."

Gowling has been working towards management for the last six years. As well as having coaching badges he has a degree in psychology,  a governance qualification and is a qualified counsellor.

"I’ve always wanted to stay in football, I’m also a qualified counsellor. I had ideas to go into that side of things – counselling pros with injuries and pros coming to the end of their career, managing that and dealing with it.

"So I’d thought about going into that anyway but my main goals is to be a football manager. I’ve had so many managers over the years and I’d like to think I can take the best bits and hopefully put that into what I end up being.

"When you’re a player all you’ve got to think about is putting your boots on, a bit of tactics and that’s it.

"Obviously as a manager there is so much more to it. You’ve got to deal with the individual players, tactics, shape and organisation, your philosophy, the media.

"At the moment I’m trying to change the identity of the football club and the team. There’s a lot that goes into it."

Read more at: https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/conference-premier/29182/caretaker-josh-gowling-wont-give-up-hereford-hot-seat-easily/