Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Monday, May 13, 2019

Green has team available for his testimonial


Ryan Green has confirmed that he has a team available for his testimonial, with details set to be released in two weeks' time.

Green was part of Rob Purdie's testimonial on Sunday.

"We've got a team, but I can't say anything yet - I will let the club sort that out," said Green.

"But I think in about two weeks' time, they will release details about who I am playing."

Green is currently a scout for Hereford FC, but says he hasn't retired from playing.

"I haven't hung my boots up just yet and will have to speak to Tim [Harris] to see what I'm going to do for next season," he said.

"If you can't play, then being involved is the next best thing.

"I'm fully enjoying it [the scouting].

"I've let Tim and Marc [Richards] know of a few players and hopefully they can snap them up for next season and push on and get in that play-off area, which is probably the aim."

Hereford finished 17th in National League North last season.

"It's a tough league and was a surprise to everybody," said Green.

"It was a massive step up and there was a big change over in terms of management, with the new manager bringing his own players in.

"It's been an up-and-down season for everybody, but hopefully the fans get behind Tim and Marc now and we can push up the league."

You can listen to the full interview below.