Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Bulls need to get their identity back, says Purdie

Rob Purdie

Rob Purdie believes Hereford FC have lost some of their identity and worries about the long-term future of the club if things do not improve on the pitch next season.

Following three successive promotions, the Bulls finished in 17th place in National League North last season after Marc Richards replaced Pete Beadle at the helm.

"I watched about five or six games last season and feel we have lost a bit of identity, a bit like when Alex Ferguson left Man United, and players left that had got them their success," said Purdie,.

"In the past three years when I played, we played for the badge, and i think they need that type of personality on an off the pitch.

"There isn't enough affiliation with Hereford throughout the coaching squad and staff for me, but hopefully next season will be better.

"If it isn't, then I worry for the long term future and success of the club."

Purdie left the club at the end of the 2017/18 season, but felt he had one more season left in him.

"I felt I had one more season in me, but maybe it was good to out on such a high," he said.

"I feel I could have made a huge difference to the team this season in the Conference North either on or off the pitch but unfortunately I was never approached about a role with the club."