Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Hickman Is 'Right Back/Wing Back'

Jak Hickman, who has joined Hereford FC on a one month loan deal, is a 'right back/wing back' according to his coach at Coventry Jason Farndon.

“He’s a right-back/wing-back.

“But look, in the modern game full-backs are attacking.

"Playing in different positions means he’s adaptable and if the manager needs him to play at right-back or right midfield then Jak can do that because he’s got that versatility."

Hickman joined Coventry from West Brom when he was 16.

“If anyone had told me back when I was released that I’d be here four years alter I would have laughed in disbelief,” he said last October.

“But I am here at Coventry and I am happy, and I just have to see where the rest of the season takes me."

Hickman was on loan at Ashton United earlier this season and played for them against Hereford on September 15th.

“I went away to Ashton for a month and enjoyed my time there in the Conference North, learned a few things but I have come back in now and my focus is trying to break into the first team.

“I played five full games of 90 minutes, four in the league and one in the FA Cup, which was good for me and another step up from last year in the EvoStik, so I just thought now was the right time for me to come back and try to push on here at Cov."

Hickman had been expected to play some part for Hereford in today's fixture at Alfreton. With that game being called off he could make his home debut against Guiseley next Saturday.