Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, March 02, 2019

Heavily Deflected Equaliser Was Frustrating For Yates


Hereford keeper Matt Yates was left frustrated with FC United of Manchester's late equaliser in this afternoon's game as Kurt Willoughby's free kick took a heavy deflection into the back of the net.

 "The lad stepped up for the free-kick, I thought I was getting there but it hit someone in the wall and gone into the other corner which was very frustrating," said Yates.

"I thought we defended well, we put bodies on the line but we were just unlucky with the free-kick at the end."

FC United score first but it wasn't long before Mike Symons equalised.

"It was brilliant that we got straight back into the game. It was important that we did.

"I thought we played some good stuff and we had some good chances."

Yates was asked how he was enjoying his time with Hereford.

"I'm really enjoying it, it's a great club to be at and the experience is fantastic.

"As far as I know I'm here to the end of the season. Derby seem happy with me which is good because I'm really enjoying it."