Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Not Richards' Position To Talk About Players' Contracts


Head Coach Marc Richards says he concentrates on the football and ensuring players are ready for each game, and it's not his place to discuss which players are on contracts.

It's believed that Hereford's most recent signing Josh Gowling has signed on a contract until the end of the season, but Richards didn't give anything about his terms.

Hereford said the 35-year-old centre-back had reached a settlement with Torquay United where he was contracted until the end of the current season. The Gulls reported this was cancelled by mutual consent.

Marc Richards said the signing took a little time due to Gowling being on loan to Alfreton.

"A few weeks ago we had a conversation with the relevant people and had a sit down with him.

"Obviously it took a little time with the situation where he was at Torquay then at Alfreton, then everything sort of aligned and it all worked out.

"I'm not sure what's gone on with that (the settlement), I stay completely out of that which is quite nice for me! I concentrate on the football.

"I don't think from me in my position as Head Coach to talk about who's on contract and who's on non-contract. I concentrate on making sure the lads are ready to go and are as prepared as they possibly can be week in week out."