Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Players Together In Dressing Room Said Scorer Owen-Evans


Tom Owen-Evans thinks he's now settled into the Hereford squad and said it was always going to take him a while to find his feet after not playing competitively since August.

The attacking midfielder said he was disappointed not to leave Darlington with three points after the Bulls let their 2-0 lead slip, but says the dressing room is together despite all the changes.

"The two goals for me today, but disappointed we could've get the three points in the end after going 2-0 up," Owen-Evans said.

"But personally to open my account for Hereford and get the two goals, I've been here four or five games now so hopefully I'm settled in now. With two goals now hopefully I can kick on from here."

"Until I came to Hereford I hadn't played a competitive game since August, so it was always going to take me a few games to find my feet and get my match sharpness back as well. Hopefully I'm getting to where I can be now and kick on from here."

There were two departures last week and two experienced players are expected to arrive before next Saturday's game against FC United of Manchester.


"There's been a lot of players that have been brought in so it's going to take time to gel, but everyone is giving their absolute all and I think you can see that," he added.

"All the boys are together in the dressing room, today there's a lot of positives to take from it and all we can only kick on and go from here."

Owen-Evans scored either side of half time and says another one of Marc Richards' additions, Kyle Finn, 'unselfishly' set him up to score the second.

"I like playing a bit further forward in more of a number ten, today we started with Macca (Mike McGrath) and Billy (Murphy) almost behind me which meant I had licence to get forward," Owen-Evans added.

"I've got forward and scored two goals so for me it's good.

"I just sort of found myself free and in space, so I've made ground and Kyle (Finn) has got to the byline and unselfishly cut in back to me so I'm thankful for him for doing that.

"It was an easy tap in for me in the end."

Marc Richards said there were positives to take out of the game but there were still areas for his side to improve on. As for the goals, Richards says it's just nice to score some.

He said: "It's just nice to score a couple of goals, I think even the first I was that surprised I didn't even celebrate. You've got to take the positives with it as well.


"Really pleased for Tom Owen-Evans, an excellent player who's fitted straight into the squad, been performing well and it's nice for him to get a couple of goals today."