Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, May 21, 2018

News Round Up


Hereford FC say that over 550 season tickets have now been sold since they went on dsale last Monday.

Former Hereford United defender Daniel Leadbitter has been linked with a move to Plymouth. The 27 year old is out of contract at Bristol Rovers in June.

Alvechurch have agreed a deal with Ashley Carter for another twelve months. A report in the Redditch Advertiser suggested that both Hereford and Tamworth were tracking the youngster. 

Tony Cousins who had a spell at Hereford during the 1992/93 season after continuing injury problems at Liverpool has spoken about his time at Edgar Street. "I’ll be honest – I didn’t even know where Hereford was,” he said in a long article in 'the42'.

"But I was so dejected. I felt I had to go and play. There’s only so much reserve team football you can get. So, it was a four-and-a-half journey down there. I played a month and, y’know, you say stuff like, ‘Jaysus – why did I go down there?’ But someone said it to me when I finished up, ‘You’ve played in the English league, the FA Cup, the Uefa Cup, the old European Cup’. Those are things that not a lot of people can say. It’s only when you’re older and in company – unless you’re up in Tallaght and standing next to Damien Duff and you have to keep your mouth shut – it hits you. It’s a lot more than somebody else. Sometimes you can feel sorry for yourself but there’s no point. I was the lucky one. Some never get the opportunity to play at those levels.”