Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Cuss Retires After 'Frustrating Year'


Jamie Cuss was an unused substitute in the 1-0 win at Dorchester in January

Jamie Cuss, who was one of two players released by Hereford on Tuesday night, has taken the decision to retire from football after struggling for almost two years with an injury.

Cuss receives treatment at Romulus
Cuss now needs another operation as the first on his knee wasn't as successful as firs thought. The striker initially picked up the injury on Romulus' 3G surface in September 2016, and in May last year he'd raised £10,000 in order to have the operation done privately - saying the NHS waiting list was 12 months.

He's now taken the decision to retire, but thanked everyone who dug deep to help him get the operation done as soon as possible.

"Following my chat with Beads, I feel now is the right time to say thank everybody who helped and contributed towards my knee op last year.

"Unfortunately the op wasn't as successful as first thought and further investigation has shown that I require further surgery to my knee. 

"This will put me out for another year for further rehabilitation so I’ve taken the decision to retire from playing football due to my age and work commitments. 

"Thanks for all the support over the last frustrating year."